Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
You're seconds away from watching this video!
Presented by: Kyle Lacy, Vice President of Marketing, Lessonly
This presentation is about that one thing that will help win a market. The secret to success in any industry. The idea that drives a massive amount of leads. That's right. It's Ollie Llama, a three-inch golden llama. Kyle's presentation focuses on why stories win and branding is the new competitive advantage. He walks the audience through the steps to building a powerful brand campaign with high-level messaging, direct mail, book production, and a can of spray paint.
Kyle was an energetic and hilarious speaker who dressed in a way that was relatable and down to earth. He used storytelling to engage as he took the audience on a journey through his slides. He told jokes throughout his talk and kept us entertained from the beginning to the very end.
The Golden Llama Represents Something Bigger
- Too often, companies are stuck with statistics and algorithms and lose the humanity of their brand.
- The golden llama represents the values that Lessonly held on to as a part of a bigger strategy that helped them get recognized, and helped them become one of the biggest MLS providers.
- A great story of community which drove press and analyst relations.
Unite the Community
- Focus on internal enablement before external campaigns.
- Build the story into all marketing facets (internal & external).
- Create a list of your customer heroes and involve them.
- Start from upper management, and let it run through the company.
- Unite the company by getting stakeholders and upper management involved at the top of the funnel.
- Get clients involved in your story. Sharing something tangible like a golden llama lets them hold on to something and encourages them to share the story.
- This in turn creates other forms of revenue and marketing such as board games and books.