Presented by: Ardath Albee, CEO & B2B Marketing Strategist, Marketing Interactions
In a world where B2B buyers say at least 40% of content they consume during the buying process is irrelevant and sales leaves most content on the shelf, it’s time to put personas to work. But marketers also need to think beyond single interactions and look to orchestrating experiences that produce business outcomes. This means amplifying your content marketing strategy across stages, across buying committees and across channels. Personas hold the keys to relevance that drives connected experiences.
For this presentation, Ardath, a very confident and articulate speaker, leverages her many years of experience in sharing her B2B marketing knowledge with the audience.
Consumers Draw Their Own Conclusions
- It is no longer the brand talking to the consumer, it is consumers talking to each other to draw their own conclusions.
- 61% of people are using review sites or peer recommendations.
- Buyers form a shortlist without talking to a vendor.
- Psychographic research is crucial for persona development.
Create Personas—They’re Memorable!
- You can get context from a persona, but content can always change.
- Our brains are wired for storytelling, so serial storytelling is foundational to progressive experiences for the customer.
- Build anticipation (like cliffhangers!) or think of the customer journey like a scene in a movie or a choose-your-own-adventure book.
- Engage with them through conversation, and help your buyers binge!
- Marketing to sales handoff is an experience killer and the message has to be comprehensive.
- Let sales be a part of the marketing team’s brainstorming—involve everyone, so that everyone is on the same page!
- Keep your message clear and concise so that your brand personas are consistent.