Robert Rose, Chief Strategy Officer for the Content Marketing Institute, joins the Content Pros Podcast to discuss why he thinks it's time to kill marketing and start fresh with content that stands apart from sales.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
In this Episode:
- Why being a leader in your field means creating content that stands apart from sales as its own business asset
- How the campaign approach to content leads to diluted and unoriginal material
- Why content marketing doesn't mean the same thing as advertising
- How a well-thought out strategic plan for content marketing leads to the content team being pro-active partners instead of reactive machines
Quotes from This Episode:
“It’s this idea of what if we could change marketing to be something different in this new world that we live in.” — @Robert_Rose
“The idea of creating content that is valuable in and of itself is a really big shift for most companies to make.” — @Robert_Rose
“If we only look at content and the content we’re creating as a replacement for advertising, we’ll fail.” — @Robert_Rose
“The content team, whether one person or 10, ends up being an on-demand vending machine of content that is just random things.” — @Robert_Rose
- Robert Rose on Twitter: @Robert_Rose
- Content Marketing Institute
- Killing Marketing: How Innovative Businesses Are Turning Marketing Cost into Profit
- Everybody Writes
- Content Inc.
- Growth Hacker Marketing
Visit ContentProsPodcast.com for more insights from your favorite content marketers.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Randy Frisch