Melissa Hodai, Digital Content Team Manager for Allstate, joins the Content Pros Podcast to discuss how a content strategy that focuses on long-term cultivation instead of immediate viral success has lead to conversions and industry awards.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
In This Episode:
- Why cultivating a good content strategy means looking to Google and data first
- How chasing unicorn viral content leads to uninspiring and failing content over the long term
- Why reviewing metrics successfully means understanding that not all metrics are equally important
- How understanding and embracing your workhorse content leads to a focused strategy with strong conversion points
Quotes From This Episode:
“Everything that we do, we make sure that it’s done with the consumer in mind, not necessarily just because it’s something we want to talk about.” —@melissahodai
“Finding the perfect mix that makes great content is very overwhelming because when you look at all the different metrics, each one has a different answer.” —@melissahodai
“What are the things that we really want to accomplish with our content marketing? We need to look at those and make our strategy based on those things.” —@melissahodai
“The blog post or the article has always been, and I think it should continue to be, one of the hardest working types of content for us.” —@melissahodai
- Melissa Hodai on Twitter: @melissahodai
- Allstate on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+
- The Allstate Blog
- Allstate Tools & Resources
- Will A Backyard Chicken Or Goat Affect My Home Insurance?
- What Is 'Full Coverage'?
Visit ContentProsPodcast.com for more insights from your favorite content marketers.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Randy Frisch