Matillion was looking for a new way to target accounts and support sales in their prospecting efforts. So Kristin Kolb, Senior ABM Manager at Matillion embarked on an ABM pilot that focused specifically on accounts with an identified cloud data warehouse and created a highly personalized experience that allowed them to increase account engagement and accelerate pipeline creation.
To do so, she ran a multi-channel 1:many campaign that included hands-on events, Rollworks and LinkedIn advertising, email marketing, sales outreach, and a webinar all to 200 target accounts that they knew were already using Snowflake.
They created a personalized content experience (see below) as the destination for their advertising using a theme of building a modern data stack. Their goal was to show prospects at target accounts how their solution and Snowflake—a solution they already use—work together.
They left the experience ungated and tracked unique visitors, return visitors, and who was viewing and consuming what. They then passed that information over to the sales team so they could have valuable conversations with their prospects and know who best to interact with.
Here are some of the results she saw from her ABM campaign:
- The sales team had a higher open rate and response rate from their outreach and a higher number of meetings booked
- This campaign reached 97.8% of target accounts, created over $1.1M in pipeline, and influenced 33 opportunities
- Their content destination (created using Uberflip) saw 7,928 page visits from target accounts (3,598 new visitors and 284 return visitors)
For the first time, Uberflip enabled us to personalize our ABM efforts at scale. Our ABM Uberflip experience for this campaign gave our sales team a high value asset to support their outbound prospecting efforts to accounts showing the right signals of intent and in return they received some of the best response rates resulting in a higher number of meetings booked. —Kristin Kolb, Senior ABM Manager, Matillion
What she's doing next:
- Replicate this approach for other campaigns and build out other personalized experiences
- Use personalized experiences to promote virtual wine nights and events