To support our growth and continuous improvement around the availability of our platform, Uberflip will be migrating from our current data centers to Amazon Web Services (AWS), to be completed by July 1, 2019.
This change will allow us to take advantage of new technologies and architectures to increase the speed of delivery, innovation, security, and operations of our product.
For more detailed documentation around this update and steps your team may need to take, check out our help article.
As Uberflip continues to grow and evolve, so do the needs of the organizations that leverage our platform. That’s why we are excited to announce that we will be migrating to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Why Are We Doing This?
This decision was influenced by a number of important factors that affect the success of our platform and our customers, including:
- We are nearing capacity in our current data centers and growing faster than we can support with physical hardware in our current environment. Moving to AWS will allow us to scale at the pace we need, without sacrificing the performance of our platform.
- We want to continue to improve the availability of our platform, and AWS gives us many options to do this, including multiple availability zones within Canada, multiple regions around the world, the ability to scale elastically to meet unexpected load, unparalleled network peering, and more.
- With an exciting product roadmap ahead of us, we want to take advantage of new technologies and architectures available in AWS to increase speed of delivery and our ability to innovate.
- Building on our recent SOC 2 attestation, we want to continue to improve the security and operations of our product to support the needs of our evolving customer base. AWS is world-class in its ability to deliver a data center and network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
With this move, there may be some steps that your organization must take in order to ensure a seamless experience for your visitors. We’ve provided answers to some common questions below, with links to additional details and instructions to help make this a seamless transition for your team.
- When will this happen?
The migration is scheduled to be completed by July 1, 2019. Over the next 6-8 weeks, different parts of the infrastructure will be moved in phases. Some back-end requests may start to come from AWS in the next week or two, while front-end requests will begin closer to July 1.
- Do I need to do anything?
For most customers, this move will be completely transparent and will not require any technical changes on your end. However, as part of this move, Uberflip’s IP address range will change. Your IT team should review our technical documentation to make sure this change doesn’t interrupt your service.
- Will my customers/prospects/visitors notice anything different?
No, provided your IT team reviews the technical documentation above and makes any necessary changes.
- Will this change the country where my data is stored?
No, your data will continue to be stored in Canada, only now in AWS’s Canada region rather than in our data centers.
- Will this change who has access to my data?
No, your data will continue to be accessible to only Uberflip employees with the necessary rights/training/etc.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance preparing for this migration, please contact our support team for help.