When it comes to personalizing the buyer journey, the important thing to remember is that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach—and there are actually a ton of factors to consider when thinking through your personalization strategy to determine just how personal you should get.
As with most things, the secret to getting ahead in the personalization game is just getting started. Begin with a light personalization approach and slowly build onto your strategy from there. Personalization is a spectrum, after all.
Before we send you off to start brainstorming, let’s review what the examples in this stream have shown us.
- Personalization doesn’t have to be executed at a one-to-one level every time. Tier your strategy based on persona, industry, stage of the funnel, channel, and/or deal size.
- Surface-level personalization like first name and company are great ways to capture someone’s attention, but at the end of the day, the key to true personalization is relevance.
- Content is at the core of it all. You don’t need to be creating new content for each account, but surface the content you already have that speaks to someone’s needs or interests.
- Generic landing pages or product pages as destinations are no more. Buyers today are looking to self-educate, they’re looking for choice, and they want it all to be personalized. It doesn’t matter how many clicks you’re getting on your ads or emails if no one is actually converting.
- You don’t have to do it all on your own. Scaling personalization without a tech toolbox at your disposal can be intimidating and time-consuming. To start, review the experiences in this guide and see which ones align most with the areas you struggle with. Then take a look at the tech used to see how you can accomplish similar levels of personalization.
You’re not Netflix, but you can start serving up personalized experiences like them. It’s time to start leveraging your content to drive conversions, speed up buyer journeys, and, most importantly, show your customers and prospects that you really get them.